Sardines, beans, turmeric and flax seeds are four tasty sources of nutrients. I like to use fresh beans, but sometimes they can be hard to find. This recipe packs a protein punch, and anchors a quick lunch or dinner when paired with a green salad or some dark, leafy greens. Lucini Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette adds a perfect, bright splash to counter the potential heaviness of the beans and fat of the fish. And while sardines, beans and flax seeds may sound like the building blocks of a bland, “health over flavor” meal, this dish cedes no points in the taste department.
- 1 can Olive Oil packed Sardines (drained)
- 1 can Organic Beans (Red or White Kidney, Black, Fava, Cannelini or Adzuki – use 1.5 C fresh, if possible)
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (sliced crosswise)
- 1 Scallion (green and white parts chopped)
- 1/3 cup Lucini Cherry Balsamic & Rosemary Vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground Paprika (preferably smoked)
- 1/8 tsp ground Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground Turmeric
- 1 Tb Flax seeds, ground (optional)
- 1 Tb Lucini Basil-infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine the first eight ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add more salt, pepper or paprika to taste. Cover bowl and rest in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Remove and mix in flax seeds and olive oil before serving.