- 1 C Feta Cheese
- .5 C Lucini Organic Stravecchio Pamigiano Reggiano (grated)
- 12 Kalamata olives (sliced, pitted)
- .5 C Onion (rinsed well in cold water)
- .25 C Lucini Extra Virgin olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped small)
- .5 tsp Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- .25 tsp Paprika (optional)
In electric mixer, beat the olive oil and cheese until they reach the consistency of whipped cream. Remove from mixer and add black pepper, paprika, olives, onion and green pepper. Taste for salt, paprika and pepper. Pack mixture solidly in small bowl or oiled mold. Refrigerate until firm. Serve sliced.
- 1 LB Asparagus (fresh)
- 2 Eggs
- .5 C Milk (whole or 2% – use high quality milk as it is a key ingredient)
- 2 TB Lucini Organic Stravvechio Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus enough to oil your small pan)
- Salt (to taste)
- Nutmeg (just a pinch)
- Breadcrumbs to line the pan
Wash the asparagus spears and trim away the fibrous white section at the bottom with a peeler, then boil in lightly salted water for about 10 minutes, or until they soften but retain some crispness. Remove them to a plate, and, as soon as they’re cool enough to handle cut them into inch-long lengths, setting the tips aside.
Preheat your oven to 375. Liberally oil a small pan and then coat the insides with the breadcrumbs.
Beat the milk, eggs, nutmeg, oil and grated cheese in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the pan and add the asparagus stalks (they’ll float). Bake the mixture for about 10 minutes, then add the tips, sprinkling them over the top, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until it has firmed up throughout. Cool in the pan and then serve warm.
Posted in heathy diet, recipes, seasonal
Tagged appetizer, asparagus, Easter, flan, italian cooking, recipe, spring, Tortino, vegetables, vegetarian
- 12 New Potatoes (small, unpeeled)
- 1 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TB Flour
- .5 C Milk
- .5 tsp Salt
- .13 tsp Nutmeg (optional; fresh, ground)
- .25 C Lucini Organic Stravecchio Parmigiano Reggiano (grated)
Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer until tender, about 8-12 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk the flour into the olive oil. Whisk in milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg. Stir in cheese. Pour sauce over potatoes and stir to coat.
- 1 QT Strawberries (fresh, stems removed and sliced)
- 6 TB Lucini Gran Riserva Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TB Sugar
- .25 tsp Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
Toss the strawberries with vinegar, sugar and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- 2 C Fresh Green Tomato (chopped small)
- .5 C Red Bell Pepper (chopped small)
- .5 C Green Bell Pepper (chopped small)
- .75 C Onion (chopped small)
- 2 C Cabbage (chopped small)
- 1.5 TB Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander (fresh, ground)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed (yellow or black)
- .13 tsp Allspice (fresh, ground)
- .13 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1.5 C Lucini Pinot Grigio Vinegar
- .75 C Brown Sugar
Combine the chopped vegetables with the salt and cover with hot water. Refrigerate and let stand for 12 hours.
Drain the vegetables and softly press out all possible liquid.
Add the spices to combined vinegar and brown sugar and heat to a boil in a sauce pan.
Add vegetables and boil gently 30 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by one-half.
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 TB Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard (Homemade or Dijon would be best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a blender. Slowly add the olive oil as the blender runs at a slow speed. Add olive oil until the mixture is fully emulsified.