- 12 Jalapeno Peppers (seeds and veins removed, halved lengthwise)
- 1 C Lucini Organic Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 C Mozzarella cheese (grated, jack can substitute)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1 tsp Salt (sea or kosher)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin (ground, preferably fresh)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TB Lucini Chili-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C Bread Crumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a medium baking sheet with a Silpat or lightly grease it with olive oil.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 tsp paprika, cayenne, parmesan and mozerella (or jack) cheeses. Stuff the jalapeño halves with this mixture. Whisk together 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, turmeric, eggs and chili oil in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper. Dip each stuffed jalapeño half into the egg and oil mixture, then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
Place the coated peppers, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the filling is just melting and the crust is dark gold/light brown, 25-30 minutes.