- 12 Tortillas (6-inch) flour
- 1/4 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Red Onion (diced small)
- 2 TB Garlic (diced small)
- 1 1/2 LB Wild Mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, and portobello, chopped
- Salt (kosher is preferable)
- Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese (I prefer sharp, but use your favorite, including Jack or Colby)
- 1/4 c Lucini Organic Stravecchio Parmigiano-Reggiano (cotilla or mexican farmer’s cheese is a substitution)
- 2 TB Lucini Chili-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat your oven to 425°F.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until light brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown and all of their liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
Divide the cheese mixture and mushrooms evenly among eight tortillas and season each with salt and pepper. Stack the tortillas to make four double-layer tortillas and cover each with one of the remaining tortillas. Brush the top of each quesadilla with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 8-11 minutes, .
Top each quesadilla with the chili oil, cut into quarters and serve.