This Broccoli Rabe preparation is a traditional Italian Christmas side dish. It is quick & easy to prepare, tasty and colorful.
- 1 LB Broccoli Rabe (wash well, trim roots and coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove (chopped fine)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 TB Lemon Juice (fresh – orange juice can substitute)
- 2 TB Lucini Chili-Infuse Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Anchovies (rinsed well, dried and chopped fine)
Blanch the rabe in lightly salted boiling water for five minutes. Drain well and squeeze lightly to dry. Sauté the garlic in the oil for 1 minute then add the rabe and salt to cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Season with the lemon juice, chili-infused oil and anchovies (if you are using them) for the final 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, chili-infused oil, salt and pepper to taste before serving.