- 2 Pears (ripe, peeled, cored, Bosc or Anjou)
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 2 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Lucini Cherry-Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Orange Zest (fresh, grated fine)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 C Lucini Organic Parmigiano Reggiano (cut into thin slices or 1/4 inch chunks)
- 1 TB Mint (fresh leaves, chopped fine, optional)
Cut each pear into 8 equal pieces. Toss the pears and sugar together gently in a bowl.
Pour the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pears and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar just begins to caramelize (turns to an amber color). Do not let the sugar turn brown. Add the cherry balsamic, salt and orange zest. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until the sauce starts to reduce.
Transfer the pears to serving dishes and top with the sauce, parmigiano and chopped mint.