If you prep everything before hand ( I do it the night before), you can complete this entire recipe while your turkey is resting. That way, you can serve the dish hot and the smell of the sprouts wafts through the air and mixes with that wonderful turkey aroma! I also make the stuffing the day before and then cook in the oven with the Brussels Sprouts – just start the stuffing 10 minutes before the veggies.
- 3 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 LB Pancetta, (1/2 inch slice, chopped small – bacon works as a substitute)
- 1 Onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1 LB Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1 TB Lucini Lemon-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tsp fresh lemon juice + 1 TB olive oil works in a pinch, but its not the same)
- 1 TB Lucini Basil-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TB Lucini Fig-Infused Balsamic Vinegar (1 TB chopped fig + 1 TB balsamic substitutes, if necessary)
- 1/4 C Lucini Organic Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated large, optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet or oven-safe pan. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and just crisp. Remove the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels and remove any access oil. Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft. Add the Brussels Sprouts and toss to combine, then season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven until the sprouts are cooked through and golden brown (about 15-20 minutes). Remove the vegetables from the oven and stir in the infused oils and fig balsamic. Top with the reserved pancetta and parmigiano-reggiano before serving.