This is a great Halloween dessert treat!
- 1 can Pumpkin (15-ounce can)
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 C Flour (whole wheat or white all-purpose)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground, high-quality)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 C Chocolate Chips (dark, semi-sweet – you can always chop up chocolate into chip-sized chunks)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
Add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix well. Drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until lightly brown and firm.