- 1 C Grits (stone-ground, i love Anson’s and Logan Turnpike)
- 4 C Water
- 3 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 C Lucini Organic Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 LB Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 6 slices Bacon (chopped coarsely)
- 2 TB Parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (optional)
- 1 TB Lucini Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lucini Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
Salt the water well and bring to a boil. Add the grits and cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, garlic and lemon infused olive oils.
Clean the shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; remove and discard or save for another use. Remove 1 TB of bacon fat and add to the grits. Add the shrimp to the remaining grease. Cook until the shrimp turn pink. Add the parsley and turmeric – saute for 3 more minutes.
Spoon the grits into a serving bowl, add the shrimp and mix well.