- 1 LB Sausage links (sweet Italian, pierced with a fork)
- 3 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Bell Peppers (cut into 1-inch dice)
- 1 Onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet chili pepper (optional, seeded, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 C Red wine (Dry)
- 1/2 C Lucini Organic Parmigiano Reggiano (grated)
Brush the sausages lightly with oil and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning, until just charred and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Set a large cast-iron skillet on the grill and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the peppers, onion, chili pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt. Add the sausages and wine to the skillet and simmer until the wine has reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and sprinkle half of the cheese over the sausage and peppers. Serve with great bread, passing the remaining parmigiano at the table.