This simple and colorful dish will look and taste great on your Rosh Hashanah table and matches well with these recipes for brisket and green beans. The pomegranate, turmeric and olive oil provide a powerful antioxidant combination.
- 1/4 C Lucini Pinot Noir Vinegar
- 1 Onion (sweet, small, thinly sliced)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (smoked or sweet, optional)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (kosher salt will work in a pinch)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1/2 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 TB Lucini Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 C fresh Spinach (baby spinach or chopped large)
- 1 C Walnuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 C Pomegranate seeds
- 2 Eggs (hard boiled, sliced, optional)
In a small skillet over low heat, toast the walnuts until fragrant – 5-7 minutes. Allow the walnuts to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, onion, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the oils until emulsified. Adjust the ingredients to fit your taste.
Coat the spinach with the vinaigrette, mixing well for even distribution. Sprinkle with the toasted nuts and pomegranate seeds, then toss again, making sure the pomegranate and nuts don’t collect at the bottom of your bowl. Garnish with the egg slices, if using.