The corn at my farmers market this summer has been outstanding and this is another great way to use this beautiful vegetable.
- 2 C Corn (fresh, kernels removed from cob)
- 1 C Lucini Pinot Grigio Vinegar
- 2 TB Sugar
- 1 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Onion (sweet, diced)
- 2 TB Jalapeño Pepper (seeded, minced fine)
- 1/2 C Red Pepper (sweet, diced)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TB Fresh Basil (chiffonade – thin strips)
- 1 TB Lucini Garlic Infused Olive Oil
In a saucepan, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes, until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Reserve liquid in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeño, paprika, turmeric and salt. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until the jalapeño softens. Add the corn and cook 3 minutes longer. Add the vinegar mixture and the basil to the corn and simmer for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Remove from fridge, add the garlic oil and mix well.