This is a simple recipe that takes great advantage of fresh eggplant. It has complex flavor and will be sure to wow any party or get together!
- 1 Eggplant (medium, cut into 1/2-inch cubes – 2 C)
- 1/4 C Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (small, chopped in 1/2-inch dice – 1/2 C)
- 2 TB Pine nuts
- 1 TB Raisins
- 1 tsp Hot Pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 C Lucini Rustic Tomatao Basil Sauce
- 1 TB Lucini Cherry Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Lucini Chili Infused Olive Oil
- Ground pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan (medium heat). Saute the onions, pine nuts, raisins and hot pepper for 4 to 5 minutes until the onions have softened, but have not turned dark gold. Add the eggplant and cinnamon and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low and simmer until the tomatoes are broken down, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chili infused oil and cherry balsamic. Taste the caponata and adjust flavor with salt, pepper, cherry vinegar and chili infused oil. Allow to cool to room temperature.