This recipe is very easy (just 3 quick steps) and the refreshing fennel makes such a great partner to the cabbage. A nice variation on the usual coleslaw.
- 1 Fennel bulb (medium, chopped or shredded with mandolin)
- 1 C Cabbage (chopped or shredded with mandolin)
- 1/4 C sweet Onion (chopped, soaked for 15 minutes in ice water)
- 1/4 C Black Olives (chopped, preferably high quality, not canned)
- 1 tsp Orange Zest (minced fine)
- 1/4 C Orange Juice (preferably fresh)
- 1 TB Lucini Gran Riserva Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TB Lucini Garlic-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Soak the onion in ice water to mellow flavor. Mix the zest, orange juice, vinegar and olive oil in a bowl in emulsified. Combine all of the vegetables in a serving bowl and top with the emulsification. Refrigerate for one hour.