With tomato season approaching, I’m posting a quick recipe for Gazpacho. The recipe works year round and uses wonderful Lucini tomatoes, but it tastes especially great with fresh, in-season tomatoes (use 3 cups). You can garnish with chopped veggies, reduced vinegar, olive oil or shredded basil.
- 2 C Lucini Organic Plum Tomatoes
- 2 C Tomato liquid reserved from Lucini Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion (use a sweet onion such as Vidalia, peeled and quartered)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and cut into large strips)
- 1 C Cucumber (seeded, peeled and chopped)
- 3 TB Lucini Pinot Noir Vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced fine)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 3 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TB Lucini Tuscan Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine all the ingredients except olive oil and blend until smooth in food processor or blender. Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Remove from the refrigerator and whisk in olive oils. Finish with chopped cucumber, tomato or bell pepper and a few drops of the Basil infused Oil and reduced Balsamic, if so desired.