I have been interested in Quinoa for a long time, but have never attempted a recipe before. This recipe is incredibly simple, but very tasty. The fresh figs, fig balsamic vinegar and basil olive oil add a pleasant reminder of summer freshness even in winter.
- 1 C Quinoa
- 2 C Water
- 2 TB Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tsp Mint, chopped fine
- 2 TB Parsley, chopped fine
- 1 C Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c Cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 C Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 C Figs, chopped
- 2/3 C Feta Cheese (optional)
- 1 TB Lucini Fig Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- 1 TB Lucini Tuscan Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
Bring water to boil. Add the quinoa and lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 8-10 minutes. Place quinoa in a bowl to cool.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl emulsify the Fig Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Add the mint and parsley and mix well.
Chop the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives and figs into small chunks. Add to the quinoa and stir to distribute the ingredients evenly. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad. If desired, chopped the feta into small chunks and stir into salad.
Spoon 1/2 cup of the salad onto a plate. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of Fig Vinegar and 1 tsp of Tuscan Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil.